Saturday, December 1, 2012

What I Did This Week: A Photo Essay


Earlier this week, I made a new bulletin board.


One of the things I like about our Children's Department Head is the fact that she will give me a general idea like, "How about a display called 'There's SNOW Better Time to Read'? We can have snowflakes with book covers on them...


...but feel free to run with that idea."


Earlier today I was at my other job and I looked like this...


Every year, the local businesses and institutions participate in a coordinated festival of seasonal whimsy that includes carriage rides and Santa riding around on a firetruck throwing candy to children. Santa had an event at the historical museum at noon, so the elves visited the library in the morning to read books, do crafts, and pass out cookies. I imagine that this is sort of what it's like to be a celebrity--people want to take a photo with you and are either awestruck and/or incredibly shy. Granted, these reactions are generally confined to children ages 3-7 and not the general populace, but it's close enough. (Toddlers are mostly indifferent to the elf aspect and are content to go about their business, which usually involves running around and making noise).

Overall, it's been a fun work week.


1 comment: